What’s in a Name?
The Kinderhook Tap is your neighborhood bar and grill. We are located on the corner of Oak Park and Van Buren Avenues. Wanting to build on the history of the corner…we discovered that President Martin Van Buren’s nickname was “Old Kinderhook.” Coincidently, loosely translated into Dutch, Kinderhook means “small corner.”
The Kinderhook Tap’s owners are Marci Hughes and Kristin Graham. Combined they have 20 years of producing experience at The Oprah Winfrey Show and are ecstatic to have opened their dream neighborhood tap in Oak Park. Their menu supports local farmers and eco-conscious eating including local grass fed beef, Green City Market veggies, and free-range natural chicken and pork. Even their hand-cut fries are cooked in non-trans fat oil!
- Oak Leaves: Tapping into Local Resources at Kinderhook
- Chicago Magazine: Chicago’s 10 Hottest Restaurants
- Pioneer Press: Oprah Producers Tap Into a Winner
- The Patch: Cheers to Kinderhook Tap
- Wednesday Journal: New Oak Park Pub hopes to Hook Customers
- Tallgrass Beef Company Founder and Chairman Bill Kurtis to Host Ribbon Cutting Ceremony For Kinderhook Tap Grand Opening
- Voted Best Craft Beer Selection in 2012 Oak Park-River Forest Patch Readers’ Choice Awards
- Season of Giving! Kinderhook and The Animal Care League
- Crain’s Chicago: Where Oprah Producers Landed After the Razzle Dazzle